Touring Properties with Koelbel — What to Expect
Touring homes is a special time in the homebuying process. Seeing all the possibilities and options available to you is fun, engaging, and gives you a concrete understanding of what you do and don’t like. Touring is also the time to ask the right questions and ensure you get the information you need. This article examines the touring process with Koelbel to prepare you to make the most out of your next visit to any one of our communities.
Before It Begins
Whether you’ve submitted interest through our site, an email, call, or even by stopping by our sales center, you’ll first be connected with a member of our sales team. They’ll be asking you a few questions to better understand what you’re looking for. You might be asked why you’re looking for a new home, if there’s something specific that’s not working with your current home, and any other features you might be looking for. When we know more about our customers, we can better match you with our plan offerings that are a good fit, and not waste your time with homes that don’t hit their mark.
Other questions you should be prepared to answer include:
- – what price range you have in mind
- – your timing for moving
- – the size of home you’re looking for including the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and garage spaces
- – any other important inclusions in the floorplan
- – if you have a home to sell
- – if you are working with a broker
Not sure about the answers to any of these questions? That’s ok! You may find the answers as you progress through the tour and see things you like.
Once we’ve gotten that initial information, we’ll set up a time for your private tour.
Our initial conversations give us a sense of the best types of homes and floorplans to show you. When you arrive at the (potentially first of many) home we’ll be touring, we’ll be sure to point out all the features of the floorplan.
Inspect everything thoroughly, take your time, snap some pictures, and ask questions!
Touch and feel the quality materials included in our homes (countertops, flooring, cabinets, etc.). Sit down and soak in the surroundings on the rooftop decks/back patios. Open cabinets and closet doors to understand the amount of storage space. Don’t forget the garage, do you need space for things other than your cars?
All along the way, our team will check in with you — to see how we’re doing in finding a fit for your needs and wants. We’ll make you comfortable and at ease about being totally honest about what’s fitting and what isn’t. You won’t hurt our feelings — we only want to help you find that next right home for you!
Once the tour is over, we’ll ask if you’re ready to move forward or if there are any other questions or concerns you have. If you’re liking what you’re seeing, we’ll schedule a follow-up at a time that’s convenient for you.
What Sets Our Tours Apart
Our sales team is made up of professionals. They have participated in extensive training and their goal is to help customers decide if we’re the right fit for them. We’re not about pushy sales tactics; only about providing a positive experience. We ask questions to learn more about our customers and we LISTEN.
We make it easy to view our communities and our homes. For our customers’ convenience, our sales offices are open seven days a week for tours. Our sales counselors provide more than just a home tour, they will tour you through the entire neighborhood and surrounding area to provide an overview of what living in a Koelbel community looks and feels like. Additionally, tours are always customized to our customer — the amount of time you have to spend, what you are interested in seeing, and what we determine is the best fit for you. When you visit our sales centers, you’ll leave with all of the information you need to make an informed decision about whether our homes are a fit for you. Once the tour is done, we make sure you leave with a free token or pass to get yourself a drink, treat, or entry into one of our community amenities.
Top Questions to Ask
No matter if you’re touring with us or another property, the best thing you can do is to ask questions! Here are a few questions we suggest you always ask (if relevant to your needs) when touring a home.
- – Ask about the builder’s experience — how long have they been building and specifically this product?
- – What community and neighborhood amenities are available/included with a home purchase?
- – What transportation, schools, employment centers, shopping, restaurants, and services are nearby? If not nearby, what is the proximity to each?
- – What features are included in the starting price for the home? What options to personalize the home are available?
- – How much does a typical buyer spend on upgrades/options?
- – Do you charge homesite or location premiums?
- – Is there a Warranty included with the purchase? If so, what does the Warranty include?
- – What is the average build time for building homes in the community?
- – Are there homes under construction that will deliver sooner? If so, which finishes can still be selected in those homes?
- – Describe the purchase process — what are the steps involved and what is required of the customer? What is the Earnest Deposit required to purchase?
Time to Tour?
Our communities can be found in some of the best areas of Denver, along the front range, and even in the Rocky Mountains. Explore our available homes here and set up your tour today!
Back to Resources