Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: Koelbel and Company currently owns and manages a portfolio of office, retail, flex, multi-family, and affordable properties in the Denver Metro area. Recently an increase in the number of retail, office, and affordable properties that have been developed, and planned acquisitions through Value Add Investment Division necessitates a new hire that will direct the Asset and Property Management division of Koelbel and Company. The mission of the Senior Director will be to streamline the management of the Koelbel and Company Commercial Portfolio and work to implement efficient strategies for managing the properties while maintaining top quality service and condition of the properties to ensure the retention of current residents & tenants, and attraction of new tenants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Creates, maintains, and manages annual operating budgets for the dynamic commercial office/retail/affordable/land portfolio.
• Oversee and direct Property Management Vendors for the affordable and market rate multi-family portfolio.
• Manage in-house property management team (currently one person)
• Manage ongoing maintenance requirements for the POAs and Metro Districts in which Koelbel and Company has responsibility for
• Manage and direct Property Management Vendors for Value-Add Investment Division acquisitions of properties out of state:
o Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, TBD
• Review and analyze performance metrics of commercial properties and identify areas or opportunities for revenue growth.
• Manage and maintain all commercial assets landscaping, HVAC, cleanliness, access control, appearance, and other associated items.
• Responds promptly and thoughtfully to tenant’s requests, and put plan in action to complete requests.
• Manage assets annual operating expenses/reconciliations and ensure they are kept at market rates and within budget.
• Manage capital improvement projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
• Proactively provide recommendations on capital improvements for commercial properties that would improve image and overall quality of asset.
• Provide weekly updates to management on all ongoing projects and open items within the portfolio.
• Identify risks and pro-actively propose solutions to mitigate potential risks.
• Oversee recording sub-meters readings of at certain commercial locations and compile invoices for payment.
• Timely review monthly accounting reports and manage the collection of any past due rent or other charges due by tenants.
• Review and approve monthly invoices for conformance with contract and budget.
• Manage all preventative maintenance contracts for equipment and building systems.
• Supervise all vendors related to property management.
• Complete end of lease surrender walkthroughs tenants that will be vacating.
• Provide insight and recommendations on new commercial developments related to property management components.
• Initiate capital reserve studies as needed basis for depreciable assets.
• Assist with sourcing and managing construction of smaller tenant improvement projects.
• Create and keep relationships with preferred general contractors.
• Compile and keep up to date an electronic record of all contacts, polices, codes, procedures, and property specific information for the commercial portfolio.
• Review property tax valuations and determine if protests are necessary.
• Experience in creating and managing commercial budgets for office, retail, and flex product.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner including ability to delegate such tasks as required.
• Knowledge of Colorado property taxes process & calculation, conversant in the tax protest procedure, and maintaining agricultural designation classification will be an important component.
• Understanding of commercial real estate legal and ownership risks and ability to mitigate those risks through management.
• Experience in utilizing management software (Koelbel and Company utilizes Entrata management software)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
– Problem Solving – Identities and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
– Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continually build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
– Communication – Ability to clearly and respectfully communicate with tenants, vendors and employees.
– Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
– Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
– Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
– Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
– Managing Vendors – Includes appropriate vendors in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for vendor’s activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
– Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
– Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
– Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
– Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
– Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside actives; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
– Budget and Contract Administration – Provides detailed budget consistent with corporate standardized format; Codes invoices and determines overages/shortfalls. Strives to maintain spending within Budget Parameters. Properly reports any variances to the CFO/Controller. Manage all aspects of Contracts including establishing contacts between the appropriate entity and vendor.
– Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
– Professionalism – Approaches others in tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
– Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
– Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
– Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
– Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management directions; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
– Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
– Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
– Detail Oriented – Focuses on all aspect and details of the potential project. Identifies potential risks based on that review.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from Four-year college or university is required. Minimum five to seven years of related experience. Real Estate License preferred.
– Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Argus. Additionally, will need to develop an understanding of Project Management software the company currently uses or will use.
– Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Language Skills – Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with tenants, vendors, subcontractors, customers, or employees of organization.
– Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY RANGE: $100,000 – $150,000 based on experience.
BENEFITS: Healthcare, vision, dental, and 401k matching. Details to be provided with offer letter.